PA1104 ASTM A-120 A123/A123M STEEL SERVICE PIPING SYSTEM
Specification for Pipe, Steel, Black and Hot-Dipped Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) Welded and Seamless for Ordinary Uses (Withdrawn 1987).
This Standard Specification covers individual steel pieces as well as assemblies of various classes of material. The material categories covered in the specification include structural steel and plate, strips and bars, pipes and tubing, and wires. Fabrications can have more than one material category, such as a frame assembly. Any combination of these products can be assembled into a single fabrication and then hot-dip galvanized.
The requirements listed in ASTM A123/A123 M include coating thickness, finish, appearance, and adherence. The specification requirements for coating thickness only contain minimums, there is no maximum coating thickness limitation in the specification. The finish requirement is continuous, smooth, and uniform, while appearance requires no uncoated areas or issues that interfere with the fabrication’s intended use. Finally, the adherence requirement is for the entire coating to have a strong adherence throughout the service life of the galvanized steel.
Process and steam piping installed based on using A-53 carbon steel pipe, from 2 to 24" , cost does not include fittings, valves, support devices or erection joint buttwelds, which must be added.All field fabricated and erected. FOB Prices (USD):
- The pipe prices are for plain end pipe. For threaded and coupled pipe add 30%.
- The prices do not include fittings, valves or support devices also pipe coating and wrapping which must be added
- For MH Installation It is assumed “OSBL outside a building-man-hours installation”.
- For ISBL add 120% on Mhrs. values.
- For work inside a multistory building with a maximum floor to ceiling height over 12'0" to 20'0", add 20% to the Manhours shown.
- For work inside an industrial building with unlimited ceiling heights and the piping being installed at various floor and platform levels, add 125% to the Manhours shown for work inside a multistory building.
- For piping in an open trench Inside Battery Limits of a Process Area installed during foundation construction and before erection of Process Equipment, deduct 50% from Manhours below.
Cost Reference in USD 2Q 2017 - USGC
MH/m 1 - INSIDE TUNNEL
MH/m 2 - ON PIPE RACK
MH/m 3 - UNDER SLAB ON GRADE
MH/m 4 - ON SLEEPERS
MH/m 5 - OPEN TRENCH
PIPE COATING AND WRAPPING
Coating And Wrapping
Cost Per Lineal Foot
PIPING RUN EXPOSED HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL INSIDE A SINGLE STORY BUILDING
PIPING RUN EXPOSED HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL INSIDE A MULTISTORY BUILDING
PIPING IN AN OPEN TRENCH INSIDE BATTERY LIMITS OF A PROCESS AREA INSTALLED DURING FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTION AND BEFORE ERECTION OF PROCESS EQUIPMENT
PIPING IN PIPE SPOOLS ERECTED IN A COMBINATION OF HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL RUNS ABOVE GRADE TO A TERMINAL CONNECTION
GALVANIZED STEEL NIPPLES - MATERIAL COST
BLACK CAST IRON /GALVANIZED STEEL SCREWED ELLBOWS
BLACK CAST IRON /GALVANIZED STEEL SCREWED TEES.
Copyright © 2018 by Carlos A. Fuenmayor R.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below.
Caf-Corporation US Inc.
11046 W Flagler Street;