Advanced Cost Estimation – Subsea System / Umbilicals / Risers & Flowlines – (SURF)
Since the monetary aspect is of paramount importance in business, the cost estimation is a vital resource for any company. An accurate cost estimate increases the chances of a successful completion of a project. Since the promoter of the work will most likely have to adapt costs to limited resources, both large and small projects require trustingly cost estimates during the conceptual, design and construction phases.
This course provides participants with the necessary tools to develop reliable cost estimates, by assessing the project needs resources, applying one or more estimating methods and adjusting the estimates based on the project resources and risks.
Additionally, this course will provide participants a conceptual framework, which places them within Cost Management process, as part of the Projects execution, in accordance with international standards.
This course is 100% compatible with the PMI ® (Project Management Institute), current Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK ®, and with the AACE – the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering - (Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering)
After completing this course, the participant must:
- Know and understand concepts and general aspects of cost estimation and its location within the Total Cost Management and the skills they must master a Cost Estimator.
- Analyze How to size and estimate cost for Process Equipment using different sources, simulating different scenarios according to the level of information available as per the stage of the Project Life Cycle.
- Analyze the principles, methods, and criteria involved in the structural and geometric design of these works. Select the machines and/or equipment used in the various tasks involved in these projects and analyze their production methods.
- Discriminating and construction procedures apply for work with defined levels of quality, safe, durable and affordable.
- Discuss solutions, from material selection through the relevant costing up equivalent alternatives.
- Determine costs, establishing precautions and solutions to construction errors in execution
- Technical evaluations of the different construction solutions, and their advantages and limitations
- Lectures 73
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 4 Weeks
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK - TOTAL COST MANAGEMENT
FUNDAMENTALS TO DEVELOP A SUBSEA COST ESTIMATIONS
- Factors influencing estimates
- Estimation adjustments – the location factors (productivity, prices and currency)
- Crews Calculation – Installation Mh
- Assumptions of Allowances
- International standard of commercial terms
- How to Use the Tables and Cost Curve
- References and tools for subsea strutures & equipment cost estimation
- Quiz M6D – Quiz 2
SUBSEA PRODUCTION SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA RISERS SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA FLOWLINES SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA MANIFOLDS & TIE-IN SYSTEMS ESTIMATION
SUBSEA PROCESS, POWER AND BOOSTING SYSTEM ESTIMATION
OPERATIONAL COSTS - OPEX
- Fixed Cost
- Maintenance (labor and materials)
- Operation Manpower
- Laboratory Cost
- Plant General Expenses
- Capital charges
- Duties / Local Taxes
- License fees and royalty payments
- Variable Costs
- Row Materials
- Miscellaneous operating materials
- Shipping and packaging
DECOMMISSIONING COSTS (DECAB – ABEX)
ADDING OTHER COSTS