Advanced Cost Estimation – Subsea Systems
The quality of cost estimates depends mainly on the cost data base like materials, equipment, labor rates and productivity, but in the other hand industry standards and knowhow covered by the disciplines involved in every single Industry.
Provide to an Estimator with the information on how the Engineering Process correspond with the accuracy / quality outcomes of the estimate, going throw the way to install, the differences within the type of materials, the effect of pressure, temperature and other parameters, all those details are important parts of the skill and knowledge improvement process.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and describe the scope of work involved in activities related to Subsea System / Umbilicals / Risers & Flowlines – (SURF)
- Link different materials and specification with the involved activity and appraise the range of possibilities available in the market and where to find reliable cost and productivity data.
- Evaluate the methodology to be implemented in real situations of Subsea Structures Cost Estimation finding the way to obtain both cost references and Installation man hours in different scenarios.
This course provides participants with the necessary tools to develop reliable cost estimates, by assessing the project needs resources, applying one or more estimating methods and adjusting the estimates based on the project resources and risks.
Additionally, this course will provide participants a conceptual framework, which places them within Cost Management process, as part of the Projects execution, in accordance with international standards.
This course is 100% compatible with the PMI ® (Project Management Institute), current Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK ®, and with the AACE – the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering - (Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering)
This course is certified with (AEP)
The AACE International Approved Education Provider (AEP) program is designed to provide cost and management professionals and their companies with a means of identifying suitable professional development courses in their geographic area. The AEP program also identifies individual instructors whose knowledge and experience qualifies them to teach or supervise the course materials being presented.
What the AEP Program Offers:
A Provider approval system with standards to ensure that continuing education programming is serving the needs of potential clients.
Continuous course improvement through course review and ongoing support from AACE staff.
Ability to award Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Provider promotion and organizational recognition on the AACE International website.
An AACE AEP is entitled to:
Publicize your organization as an “AACE International Approved Education Provider.”
Use the official AEP logo appropriately in registered and approved promotional and course materials consistent with AEP Program policies.
Promotion on the AACE International website list of Approved Education Providers with a direct link to the organization’s website.
Review and Approval and Application Criteria
For a complete overview of the Review and Approval process and the criteria for data submission as part of the application process, please review the AEP Terms and Conditions prior to completing the application form.
AEP Audit Program
The AACE International Education Board has the responsibility for ensuring that Approved Education Providers continue to provide quality educational services and adhere to the Canons of Ethics. Because of this, all organizations participating in the AEP program are subject to a no-notice audit at any time. Organizations that fail to adhere to the tenets of the AEP Terms & Conditions Agreement are subject to removal from the AEP program.
After completing this course, the participant must:
- Know and understand concepts and general aspects of cost estimation and its location within the Total Cost Management and the skills they must master a Cost Estimator.
- Analyze How to size and estimate cost of Subsea System / Umbilicals / Risers & Flowlines using different sources, simulating different scenarios according to the level of information available as per the stage of the Project Life Cycle.
- Analyze the principles, methods, and criteria involved in the structural and geometric design of these works. Select the machines and/or equipment used in the various tasks involved in these projects and analyze their production methods.
- Discriminating and construction procedures apply for work with defined levels of quality, safe, durable and affordable.
- Discuss solutions, from material selection through the relevant costing up equivalent alternatives.
- Determine costs, establishing precautions and solutions to construction errors in execution
- Technical evaluations of the different construction solutions, and their advantages and limitations
- Lectures 72
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 4 Weeks
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 18
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK - TOTAL COST MANAGEMENT
FUNDAMENTALS TO DEVELOP A SUBSEA COST ESTIMATIONS
- Factors influencing estimates
- Estimation adjustments – the location factors (productivity, prices and currency)
- Crews Calculation – Installation Mh
- Assumptions of Allowances
- International standard of commercial terms
- How to Use the Tables and Cost Curve
- References and tools for subsea strutures & equipment cost estimation
- Quiz M6D – Quiz 2
SUBSEA PRODUCTION SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA RISERS SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA FLOWLINES SYSTEM ESTIMATION
SUBSEA MANIFOLDS & TIE-IN SYSTEMS ESTIMATION
SUBSEA PROCESS, POWER AND BOOSTING SYSTEM ESTIMATION
OPERATIONAL COSTS - OPEX
- Fixed Cost
- Maintenance (labor and materials)
- Operation Manpower
- Laboratory Cost
- Plant General Expenses
- Capital charges
- Duties / Local Taxes
- License fees and royalty payments
- Variable Costs
- Row Materials
- Miscellaneous operating materials
- Shipping and packaging
DECOMMISSIONING COSTS (DECAB – ABEX)
- Offshore Decommissioning Overview
- Decommissioning and Accuracy along the Asset Life Cycle
- Decommissioning Activities during Project Development Stages (PDS)
- Offshore Decommissioning Methodology
- Wells Plug & Abandonment DECAB
- Superstructures and Topsides DECAB
- Subsea pipelines & flowlines DECAB
- Offshore Decommissioning Cost & Installation References
ADDING OTHER COSTS