Since the monetary aspect is of paramount importance in business, the cost estimation is a vital resource for any company. An accurate cost estimate increases the chances of a successful completion of a project. Since the promoter of the work will most likely have to adapt costs to limited resources, both large and small projects require trustingly cost estimates during the conceptual, design and construction phases.
This course provides participants with the necessary tools to develop reliable cost estimates, by assessing the project needs resources, applying one or more estimating methods and adjusting the estimates based on the project resources and risks.
In this course we will initially focus on establishing the framework of roles and responsibilities of a cost estimator in the context of "Total Cost Management", then we will address the topic of how to develop a cost estimate in different scenarios and according to the maturity of the design of the project.
We will refer to the different methodologies applied in the life cycle of the project, based on the main authors of the knowledge of "Total Cost Management".
We complement it with exercises sessions and tasks that will be carried out after the course in a forum that will be open for a month for discussions between the participants and the instructor.
In the end, we will do some practices with detailed estimates.
In the rest of the course we will be 100% dedicated to the cost estimates of mechanical works and pipes in projects of chemical plants, petrochemicals, mining refineries and other industries.
We will begin with an introduction and leveling of basic concepts, we will analyze what construction equipment we will use in our exercises, we will apply productivity adjustments and we will include our analysis and assumptions of indirect costs.
We will focus on the estimation of the families of all the activities, we will discuss the methods of construction, where to obtain man-hours of work, how to do the metric calculations, we will rely on information from market databases.
We will develop cost estimates in the following families of mechanical works and pipelines:
- PROCESS, SERVICE AND PLUMBING PIPING
- EXPORT PIPELINES
- HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
- MECHANICAL INSULATION
- PIPING & INSTRUMENTATION FOR FIRE SYSTEMS
We complement it with exercise sessions and tasks that will be carried out during and after the webinars in a forum that will be open for a month for discussions between the participants and the facilitator.
- You will learn how to Estimate Piping, Mechanical Works & HVAC of chemical, petrochemical, refining, mining and other industries, using databases for live estimating exercises, under the guidance and tutelage of an expert of more than 30 years in the field.
- You will have
- direct interaction with the facilitator through a Forum open to participants for 2 weeks
- You will not be subject to schedules, classrooms or even paper books. The computer, mobile or tablet are your portable tools, available anywhere and anytime. This form of learning also allows you to choose your study hours according to your preferences.
- You will have a significant learning, that is, you will assimilate the information and you can put it into practice immediately. This course gives participants access to review the content as many times as they deem necessary and develop the activities at their own pace.
This course is 100% compatible with AACE - the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering - (Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering) and with the PMI® (Project Management Institute), PMBOK® current guide of Project Management Knowledge, being certified as (AEP) "Approved Education Provider" of the AACE International, certification that is designed to provide Total Cost Management professionals and their companies, quality assurance of professional development courses.